Sunday, May 06, 2007

41 days to go

During the week my alarm clock bounces into life at 05:45am. Monday through Friday I hate it as I'm normally desperate for more sleep. The weekends were fabulous as I could escape from my alarm clocks demands. However, this has changed as my alarm clock now encroaches into my weekends.

Finding time in my families schedule that allows me to skulk off for a couple hours on my bike is tricky, especially with a partner who has no sympathy for the amount of training needed for an Ironman, which is entirely reasonable. The only free family time where I can do the training is very early on Sunday mornings or late in the evening after the kids are in bed.

When my alarm clock woke me this morning at 05:45am, I switched it off and hid from my guilt under the covers, I was just tooooooo tired.

Fortunately, my partner was in a good mood this morning and I was able to horse-trade for a couple of hours on my bike outside of my allotted schedule, it was great a great ride, although its payback time tomorrow ..... crumbs relationships ?????!!!!

No comments: