Meetings, meetings and more meetings
I'm sitting on a train heading home from a day of meetings in London, my head feels like its about to explode. As I watch the green countryside whizz by, part of me is saying "go for a run when you get home", however the other half is telling me "your knackered, crash on the sofa"?
This internal battle is set to continue for the next couple of hours until I get home. I used to enjoy going for a run or cycle, but now I really have to push myself. I wonder what happened, why have I lost interest?
Update: I hit the gym for an hour or so.
3 comments:
Hope you were far away from that mess at the airport! Makes you take a good look at life to be that close to what could have been a disaster.
You were right, that was a pretty terrible joke, but those are always the best!! Sorry to hear your Iron Man was no fun. You didn't fail though, in fact you did better than ever. You hated it, and yet you carried on and beat your pb. That takes real mental fortitude.
Thanks for you kind words on my blog.
As for your half ironman, you still got a pb, even when the day wasn't going well. I think that's important to remember.
I found last summer I really lost motivation when I started to set specific goals and where I'd be happy to finish in the field. Training became a chore, and in the end I dropped all training for 6 weeks, right when everyone else was training hard.
I returned to racing on no training with a spell of 4 races over 4 consecutive weekends. With no expectations, I had without doubt the most fun time of all over those weeks.
As an age-grouper, for me the solution was remembering that I choose to do triathlon as it's supposed to fun. If it's not, my advice is to take a break without guilt even if it race season, or try something new altogether like adventure racing, or the marathon.
If you are supposed to continue with triathlon, you'll feel the urge to return soon enough.
Post a Comment