Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hospital

I'm sitting in the trauma dept at John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford. Wow its busy, mainly with people on crutches with a broken feet/ankles. I'm certainly in the minority with my broken arm. But what a mix of people, from an Air Force squadron leader, with broken foot to old folk wearing funny socks, kids in school uniforms and a snowboarding teenager. We are all waiting to be processed.

"Florence" ...."Ruby"...."Michael" ...."Carol" .....

Ooo was that my name being called.

"Hello there, please take a seat". The room is dark. A very nice Xray technician maneuvers a large machine attached to the roof ito place. She disappears behind her desk and zoomph, click.

"Thank you very much please take a seat in the waiting room."

Oh right ok, back to my family of fellow patients. I need a wee, hmm have I got time before my name is called. No because as soon as I go I bet my name will be called. Hmm I'll cross my legs and wait ...... and wait and wait.

15 mins later.

30 mins .....

45 mins errr *&(&%%$*@

Phew finally. I'm now waiting in cubicle 8.

15 minutes later ....

"Hello, OK broken arm .... right lets have a look at your new XRays." We check out my new xrays and my arm looks much better, I can see a faint line where the break was. I'll be in plaster for another 3 weeks.

--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: