56 days to go
I have a confession, I CANNOT SWIM, this is quite serious, especially as I will have to swim 1.2 miles in under 1 hour in 56 days time. Alright I'm being a bit of a drama queen, but in the world of triathlon, I really can’t swim, well OK I swim a front crawl for about 25 meters and then drown.
So I have 56 days to learn…gulp…..first step was to buy myself a DVD!!!! A learn to swim DVD from total immersion. It’s quite good. I watched the first 20 minutes last night. My wife thinks that my lack of knowledge in some of the fundamentals of swimming is bleeding hilarious. It’s a good job that I’m a fairly confident person, otherwise I’m sure her quips and mickey taking would have pushed me to quit and hide.
Anyhow, I went to the pool to put my new found knowledge into practice, I still nearly drowned, but this time I did it in style !!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment