Sunday, December 16, 2007

New car

DSC_0010The roads were very quiet this afternoon.  I was out for a gentle 1 hour run before it got dark.  It was flippin cold.

We are looking to buy a new car.  We test drove a BMW 5 series touring yesterday, it was beautiful to drive, I'm in love.  Alas, it failed the wife test.  Would my bike fit easily into the back of the car in 1 minute with two kids in the rear seats.  (Silly test I know, but I have an inpatient wife).

Despite trying to persuade my wife that I would take both wheels off, the saddle out, remove the handlebars, the forks within 30 seconds, it was with a heavy heart I confessed it failed.  Other cars we have looked at the passed this test with flying colours, just pop out the front wheel and in it slides, even with kids sitting in the back seat.

1 comment:

IronTriTim said...

How about now show her her white transit van, and ask her to decide which she prefers. Touring car I would have thought was perfect.