Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finished

I finished the UK Ironman 70.3, 1 minute 19 seconds faster than last year, I'm slightly disappointed with the time as the cycle and run felt a lot faster. The swim was OK until about 600 meters from the end when I suddenly cramped. It later transpires, after seeing the doctor, that I tore my calf muscle. (I'm due to see the physio this week).

Despite the problems with the swim, I transitioned onto the bike without problems. I was struggling slightly during the bike leg, but felt mentally OK. The transistion to the run was fine, and once into the swing of the run I managed to make up 10 minutes on last years run time.

Hopefully, a couple days of rest and I'll be back into the swing of things for Ironman UK in September.


UK Ironman 70.3 from Paul Rollings on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, Thanks for the video of IMUK70.3. It brings back memories of an eventful day! Good Luck for your next one.
Ian

IronTriTim said...

Great video Paul, are we going to read anymore of a race report? Why will you never do it again? Heard it was a tough course (if not one of the toughest), with a cross country 1/2 mary to finish.