Craving scooby-doo sandwich
The start of the Whitehorse challenge opened at 0755am and I was the second person out of the gate with a group of 7 others.
For the first two hours it was great, we averaged about 23mph zooming along in a cool paceline. Then we hit the first hump and I was dropped. For the next 30 mins I as out by myself. We then hit a monster of a climb and I was engulfed by a stream of 40 to 50 cyclists zooming up the hill. From then on I was travelling backwards. I did not mind as it was sunny and the coutryside was beautiful.
Then it, started cramp and a craving for a huge scooby-doo like sandwich. The climbs were killers and when I saw a road sign indicating a 17% gradient I could have died. I didn't care too much about the time as I just wanted to finish.
Yikes, I've got a lot of training to do before September and my first full Ironman attempt.
1 comment:
Better get used to cycling by yourself for IM :-)
Post a Comment