Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tentative schedule for 2008

06th Apr 2008: Grove half marathon (confirmed)
13th Apr 2008: London marathon (waiting for lottery place - 9th year of applying)
18th May 2008: Copenhagen, Denmark marathon
25th May 2008: Edinburgh marathon (not sure about this one if I do Copenhagen)
15th Jun 2008: 70.3 Half Ironman, UK (confirmed)
23th Aug 2008: Reykjavik, Iceland marathon
07th Sep 2008: Ironman UK

................unless I win the lottery, in which case I will be sitting on a beach.

2 comments:

IronTriTim said...

Is that 9 years, and never getting in? I ran in 1996, and 1999, applying in 97, and 2000 and not getting in. It is obviously getting tougher to get in. Keep trying it is a great race. Have you thought about the Berlin Marathon? Or maybe one abroad, I can recommend Chicago. (Well except for this year)

Paul said...

Alas, yes. If you apply five years consecutively you get an automatic place, however I missed a year due to moving house ...... if I don't get in this year then have a guaranteed place in 2009 ???